CASE STUDY: JCB
Sector Plant and Heavy Machinery
Job function Marketing
Task Sales Performance and Dealer Network Analysis and Planning
In every corner of the world you'll find a JCB machine. JCB is one of the world's top four manufacturers of construction equipment. JCB employ over 7,000 people on 4 continents and sell products in 150 countries through 750 dealer locations.
Throughout their 65 year history, JCB have always invested heavily in research and development, keeping JCB at the cutting edge of innovation.
Today, JCB has some of the finest engineering facilities across the globe, boasts a range of more than 300 machines and maintains a reputation for unrivalled customer service.
JCB required a tool to assist with marketing support and dealer network management on a global
JCB also required a tool to visualise statistical information such as sales volumes, on a map in order to assist with decision making and strategic processes.
Geoplan GeoAnalyser with Global Mapping provided JCB with a comprehensive tool that met all
requirements. Typical usage includes the following:
- Point mapping (competitor locations, supplier locations, monitoring stock turn by country).
- Thematic mapping (market share by County, Retail by Postcode Area).
- Territories (mapping Dealer territories) and management of the network.
- Integral to JCB processes.
- Improved customer service levels – internally and externally.
- Quick and simple generation and manipulation of dealer network maps.
- Ability to scenario plan for strategy changes – visualise the effects.
"We have used the system for over 15 years and continue to be pleased with the level of
support and service we receive from Geoplan in ensuring we continue to derive the value needed from the system.
Worldwide Customer Database Manager