CASE STUDY: Yell Ltd
Client Yell Ltd
Sector Advertising – Media & Publishing
Job function Marketing
Task Point of Sale Planning
Yell Group is a leading International directories business operating in the classified advertising and local search markets in the UK, US Spain and South America. 1.4 million customers advertise with Yell.
Geoplan has been working with Yell since 1994. Throughout this period, Geoplan has delivered a number of Systems in support of Sales and Marketing development. Delivery, both in terms of System, ideas and innovation has been in-line with Yell expectations and requirements, resulting in significant gains for Yell.
The Mapping Systems provided by Geoplan sit across a range of Yell Operational and After Sales Teams and are accessed by in the region of 2,800 users.
The Mapping Solutions constantly evolve to encompass Yell’s portfolio of markets, product and
Geoplan provides a number of key Mapping Software Solutions, which are utilised within the following Teams.
Yell Field Sales Team - to identify customer markets and perform sites analysis against Yell Products.
Yell Marketing Team - to analyse market and coverage against competitors.
Yell Nationals Sales Team - to identify multiple customer markets and perform sites analysis against Yell products.
Yell TeleSales Team - to confirm product coverage against customer locations and to manually allocate or optimise accounts to Field Sales Consultants.
Yell Market Planning Team - to manually allocate or optimise accounts to Field Sales Consultants.
Yell Customer Service Team - to validate coverage enquiries.
- The Systems that are provided to Yell are all bespoke interface solutions, built to specific requirements and capable of performing in contemporary environments and operating platforms.
- The Systems are populated with Geoplan Postcode data (points and boundaries). Map base, media, demographic and business data is sourced from selected and approved data suppliers.
- All Systems are updated annually in line with data and system updates and therefore reflect all the changes that are critical to the operational day-to day success of the Yell Operational Teams.
- Consistent code base used across all Systems, thereby reducing development time and cost, reducing IT install and maintenance time and improving system consistency, accuracy and performance and flexibility in the upgrade and development of the systems and integration with SAP and other data sources.
- Increased customer service levels through the ability to provide instant answers.
- Improved analysis; enables more accurate and effective coverage strategies.
- Provides Yell with the ability to sell both pre-set and multichannel advertising solutions
easily, thereby increasing revenues.
- Enables high quality compelling customer presentation that engenders value-added sales.
- Consistent view of markets, operations and performance across the Yell organisation.
- Enables increased sales and margins along with improved efficiencies.
The Geoplan mapping products are excellent and well received by both our sales teams and customers. The mapping tools enable the sales force to capture the customers target area and then provide strong insights into the demographic make up of their target market. We have found the team at Geoplan to be professional, helpful and incredibly knowledgeable. I have found the 'Geoplan Support' function a great help when in need of guidance and more detail.
Point of Sales Manager