In 1997 Yum! approached Geoplan in search of a mapping solution which would allow them to plan and manage their retail expansion plans, initially for the UK only.
Yum! required detailed analysis of site selection options for the Market Planning department, with the ability to easily and quickly generate ‘what if’ scenarios’.
The solution essentially needed to be capable of mapping trade zones with the option of overlaying a variety of associated market information.
The solution also needed to be capable of handling international data to accommodate market planning departments further afield as and when required.
Yum UK chose Geoplan software as a key tool in its market assessment and location analysis activities.
With the assistance of Geoplan GeoAnalyser, Yum! has expanded significantly over the past 13 years, and the solution is now used in the UK office for UK and Republic of Ireland market planning. The Australian system was successful installed in Sydney in 2009 and continues to produce the desired results.
Tailored datasets such as the bespoke Map Output Module with a buffering function to enable quick map production for multiple sites provides significant operational efficiency savings. In addition, bespoke traffic flow directional data and business information; all contribute to delivering optimal value to Yum! and ensure that the solution provides the long standing business benefit.
The solution is designed to operate with any international geography and Geoplan are experts in working with worldwide datasets to ensure absolute confidence in the solution and outputs derived.
- Ability to scenario plan across multiple markets.
- Ability to add bespoke datasets to enhance analysis and increase business benefit.
- An internationally compatible system to ensure consistency across different markets.
- An intuitive and robust system support by Industry standard data.
- Reliable support network with system experts who understand the business requirements. Therefore answering the immediate questions whilst recommending additional ways to increase value.