Age UK wanted to increase levels of donorship and wanted to do so by targeting areas and regions of the UK with a high penetration of individuals with a similar ‘make up’ to their existing donors.
Geoplan’s Detailed Census Pack at Postcode Sector Level, with Enhanced Support Programme Cover (ESP).
This data set provides Age UK with a detailed demographic database, enabling analysis of the ‘make-up’ of existing donors by linking trends with Postcode Sectors. The specific focus is on household type and age/gender breakdown.
Age UK can then use the database to identify target Postcode Sectors in the UK, containing high numbers of potential donors based on the profile of existing donors. Subsequently, a list of prospect Postcode Sectors is provided to the Marketing Team for targeting by mailing activity.
The Geoplan Census Data packs are based on the 2001 Census and are projected to reflect shifts in population numbers. This is the only Census data to be maintained, to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information at Postcode Sector Level.
- Increased donorship revenue for the charity.
- Enables targeted and successful marketing of new donors.
- Cost savings generated within the marketing process -consumables, postage and resource.
- Reduces ‘wasted’ mailing material as data is kept up to date, thereby reducing cost.
- Increased return and success rate of marketing campaigns.