Ronseal were aware that the process for allocating and carrying out sales representative visits was both inefficient and non-cost effective. Varying performance of representatives had led to Ronseal being unclear as to how much work a representative can feasibly carry out and whether all call types can be met within the intended cycle and to the desired quality.
Geoplan TourSolver route scheduling software has provided a means of answering Ronseal’s problem of inefficient and non cost effective representative visit planning. Use of Toursolver route scheduling coupled with Geoplan’s GeoAnalyser for territory balancing and expert consultancy has shown that with refinement to call duration and representative territories that it is feasible to make ALL calls in a cost effective way, within the time that is available, and to the required visit quality standard.
Daily work sheets for representatives are generated by the head office user and quickly and easily distributed to the representatives in the field automatically on a regular / call cycle frequency basis.
- Reduced cost and increased efficiency of sales representative visits.
- Eliminated occurrence of ‘no calls’.
- Additional revenue generation as a result of seeing ALL clients.
- Improved customer service levels.
- Quick and simple generation of call cycle information for use in head office and the field.