What information do we collect?
We will collect any name and address details you supply via the site. In some areas, this may simply mean registering your name, address and email details. Credit or debit card details entered to complete online purchase transactions are processed by our third party payment provider.
What do we use this information for?
We will maintain your contact details to ensure that we are able to service your order. These details will be held in our databases on our secure network. With your permission, we may contact you from time to time, as a Geoplan customer, with information relating to product updates and services, offers and new developments.
We will never pass on your details to any third party unless specifically required as part of a data or software license, bound and protected by contract.
Geoplan is committed to protecting the security of your data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide in computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities
Information to improve our site
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site based on your IP address. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences so that we can regularly improve our web site. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous, unless you are asked to identify yourself by completing a form or an online transaction.
Cookies are text files, used by your computer's browser, that store visitor session data. Cookies, by themselves, do not identify the individual user. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
Access to Information - Data Protection and You
If you wish to view a copy of the details we hold about you, or you have any comments or concerns regarding this policy, please write to:
Geoplan Spatial Intelligence Limited
Payment Security Guarantee
We are proud to say that none of our customers has ever reported fraudulent use of a credit or debit card as a result of purchases made with us. We have every confidence in the level of transaction security we offer on our site and we are prepared to back every purchase with a security guarantee. Our commitment is as follows:
- Our secure-server software encrypts all your personal information including your name and address and your credit or debit card number. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, most banks and card issuers will either cover all charges or some may limit your liability to just £50.00.
- If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, Geoplan will cover your liability up to £50.00 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at Geoplan while using the secure server.
- This guarantee only applies to credit or debit card purchases made using Geoplan's secure server.
- This guarantee covers a maximum liability of £50.00.
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
- In the event of a claim being made to Geoplan, full details of all correspondence with your bank or card issuer will be required.